Python Tutorial For Beginners
So, you want to learn Python, that is why you are here. Welcome to one of the best free online Python tutorial. This tutorial is designed for absolute beginners who want to learn Python Programming from scratch. Here you will learn almost everything that you need to become an expert Python Programmer. My name is Zakir, most of the people might be already knowing me, So I’m going to be your instructor for this whole course. So, without any further intro, let’s take a look at the very basic overview of Python.
What is Python?
Python is an object-oriented, interactive and well known programming language. It was created by a Dutch programmer Sir Guido van Rossum, in the late 80s, but it was released in early 90s. Nowadays, Python has become one of the most popular programming language and the demand of Python Programmers is very high.
We will learn Python 3 in this whole course, which is the most recent version of Python. In this whole tutorial we will write Python code in PyCharm, which is a dedicated Python IDE (Integrated Development Environment). PyCharm also provides a wide range of essential tools for Python Developers.
Features of Python
Let’s discuss about some features of Python programming language, that makes it quit popular in the short period of time.
- Easy to code:- This is one of the reason of Python’s rise in popularity. Even a six year old kid can also learn basic syntax of Python just in few days. Python is very easy programming language as compared to other popular programming languages like Java, C, etc.
- Free and Open-Source:- Python is an Open-Source programming language, that means it is available free for everyone, and anybody can use it for any kind of purpose.
- High-level Language:- Python is high-level programming language, yet it is almost effortless to learn. This makes it super popular and a favorite language of all newbie programmers.
What is Python used for?
So far we have discussed about what is Python and what are it’s features. But what is Python used for? Let’s briefly illustrate the uses of Python Programming language:
- Machine Learning:- We all know that Python is high-level programming language, so it’s also used for various Machine Learning projects. Due to it’s simplicity Python is one of the favourite language among data scientists.
- Web Development:- Python can be used on a server side to create complex web applications. Most of the Web Developers prefer Python because there are many frameworks like Django, Flask etc. that makes the development process easier.
- Mathematics:- Python is also used to perform complex mathematics within few seconds. It can also be used to handle huge data.
- Game Development:- Python is also used in game development. Battlefield 2, Civilization IV, World of Tanks are some popular games that are coded in Python.
- Everyday Tasks:- No matter if you are a programmer or not. But learning Python will worth you. Python can enable you to simplify many tasks in your life. Like you can track Stock Market or Crypto prices, convert text into audio, manage your small business easily etc.
Top Companies using Python
We have already told you Python is one of the best language to learn, and you also know that why is it most preferred language. You also know that what this language is used for and what are its features. Now it’s time to see which top companies are using Python:
- Google:- Google is one of the biggest supporter of Python from nearly the beginning. Yes it is right in the beginning some scripts were written for Google in Perl and bash, but later these were recoded into Python.
- Facebook:- Facebook is one of the famous social media network and its code is written in Python. In 2016 CEO of Facebook Mark Zuckerberg said in an interview that Python is currently responsible for multiple services in infrastructure management.
- Spotify:- One of the famous music streaming app Spotify also uses the Python programming language.
- Quora:- Quora is the huge crowd-sourced question and answer platform. One of it’s founder Adam D’Angelo was decided to go with C#, but later they took their lead from Google and choose Python.
- Reddit:- One of the famous social media platform with nearly 1000 million visitors every month and behind it all, the backbone of this software is Python.
Other top software companies include Instagram, Dropbox, Netflix etc.
Why you Should Learn Python
There are lots of reasons why you should start learning Python right now. Which includes:
- Best Career Opportunities:- If you are enough good in Python, you can get a chance to land a job in world’s top software companies like, Google, Nasa, Netflix etc. According to top sources $92,000 is an average of a Python developer in USA.
- Freelancing:- There are lots of foreign Clients that are looking for Python developers in freelancing platforms like Upwork. And they are ready to pay good enough money to Python developers.
- Data Science and Machine Learning:- In this modern world, the demand of Data science and Machine learning is rapidly increasing. You probably may know that Python is used for both Machine Learning and Data Science. This is one of the main reason why the popularity of Python is rapidly increasing.
- High Demand:- According to the world’s largest Job search platform LinkedIn, Python ranks #2 in the most in-demand programming language in 2021.
- Python is an object-oriented, interactive and well known programming language.
- Python was created by Sir Guido van Rossum, in the late 80s, but it was released in early 90s.
- Features of Python includes Easy to Code, Easy to read, Free and Open-Source, High-level language.
- Python is used for Machine learning, Back-end Web Development, Game Development etc.
- According to top sources $92,000 is an average salary of a Python developer in USA.
- Python is most in-demand programing language in 2021.
- Google, Facebook, Netflix, Quora, Spotify Reddit are some top companies that are using Python.